Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving Pumpkin

What is it about an oval window card that works so well?  Just that little bit of detail adds depth to a card that would have seemed plain otherwise.

After cutting the oval with a Nestabilities die, I attached the green panel to the back with thick pop dots so that it would add a deeper shadow to the card front.  I then stamped the greeting on a piece of scrap and embossed it in white.  My square punch was used to create the notches on each end.

The pumpkin was cut with a Provo Craft die and embossed with the matching embossing folder.  I sponged it lightly with brown ink and taped the banner across it.  To attach it to the card, I used a mini glue dot on each end of the banner and added the orange gems.  The last finishing touch was the rounded corner at top right.

Assembling it this way allowed me to use the inside for a larger greeting and a note. 


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love this die cut pumpkin and you're right, there's something about the oval cut out that makes a card special!