Thursday, November 15, 2012

Merry Snowflake Card

This is one of the cards the Moms Club will do next.

After embossing a piece of dark blue cs with a Cuttlebug snowflake folder, I sanded the cardstock to bring out  the white core.  (NoteThis technique will not work with SU cardstock  due to its solid core; but you could gently rub a white inkpad over the raised snowflakes after sanding for a similar effect.)

Next, I used a Marvy punch for the large snowflake and a Martha Stewart punch for the smaller one.  After attaching a large square of silver paper to the cardfront where the cutout would go, I mounted the snowflake panel over it with SU dimensionals. I mounted the white snowflake in the center with a thicker pop dot so that it would stand above the blue cs beneath.

The blue metallic center is from Hero Arts and is self-stick.  For the silver cord bow in the upper left corner, I adhered it with a glue dot and added the tag with its tiny blue metallic embellishment.  (This card looks more sparkly in real life than it does here.)





2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I think they're going to like this, Doris! I do!

Kim S said...

I don't know why I never think to sand - it is a fantastic look! Love this card!