Friday, November 16, 2012

Challenge: Second Chances



A Blog Named Hero (HERE) is challenging us to remake a card that we made before.  The one I chose is the one shown here on the top.  I liked the way it looked, but wanted to incorporate some of the new techniques I've learned since.

To start, I chose Very Vanilla for my card base and clear embossed the Christmas hymn for the background.  Then I sponged Tea Dye and Forest Moss Distress Inks over it.  Then I gave it a sheen with Glimmer Mist spray.

For the poinsettia, I first stamped the music with black ink on a piece of Very Vanilla and heat dried it.  Then I clear embossed the poinsettia over it, doing this twice so that I could layer it.  After sponging Wild Honey and Fired Brick Distress Inks  over them, I cut them out and layered them, slightly offset, with a dimensional and mounted the flower as shown.  Next, I added pearls in the center and several loops of jute twine for embellishment.

The greeting was stamped on a piece of scrap and mounted with glue dots.  I rounded the top right corner for the final touch.  I like this card better than the original!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like both cards but I really love the techniques that you used in the 2nd one! Great Job!!! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero! :)

Stephanie said...

Both cards are gorgeous but I love seeing the inking techniques you've learned on the 2nd! Thanks for joining us at ABNH!

Linda Beeson said...

I am sure glad you remade that one because the second one is stunning!!! LOVING your techniques, glad you listed them.

Bonnie said...

Two completely different looks, Doris! I love the second poinsettia! Just beautiful!