Friday, October 26, 2012

RECYCLING CAN BE FUN!

 Here's what I've been working on lately.  Ruth gave me a stack of  cards that she had received for Christmas in 2009, so I took them apart and made new ones.  The Moms class did the same with others in the package and just loved recycling them!

Most of them were very easy to do by taking off the card front and discarding the rest.  After cutting them down further, I mounted them on contrasting cardstock and attached them to new card bases.

The angel card now features metallic cardstock and coordinating gems on Very Vanilla cs.  The blue card is a Z-fold card with the image attached to the left side only.  The manger scene was cut down, mounted on green cs and attached to a white card base.
Christmas Joy was cut down from a much larger card and mounted to a piece of red cs for contrast.  After wrapping the red and white bakers twine around it, I mounted it to the white card with dimensionals.


Once I gathered all the materials together that I thought I'd need, these cards went very quickly.  It was just a matter of  cutting them down, matching up the best color cs for the contrast and mounting them to a new card base.  Since most of them were on shiny paper, very few embellishments were needed.

(Click on the images for a closer look.)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

These are just beautiful, Doris! So much better than throwing them out! I keep old cards in my Christmas card basket and enjoy looking through them each year. I've got some beautiful handmade cards in there from some special people...like you.