Sunday, October 14, 2012

Christmas Deer

I designed this card for my Dad who gave me the evergreen stamp used inside.

After using the die to cut out the deer silhouette, I then cut out an oval on the front of the card.  Then I inked the pine tree with black India Ink, stamped off on scrap paper once and stamped it on the inside left.

Using dark green and chestnut roan inks, I picked up the colors with a watercolor brush and gently painted over the tree image.  The inside is stamped with "Merry Christmas" at the bottom right, leaving just enough room to sign it where it won't show through the opening.  A knotted piece of jute adds the finishing touch.

This masculine Christmas card is just right for my Dad!



Here's the simplified version I came up with for Moms Club this week.  I added a silver star so the deer will look like they're focused on something other than the trees.


Note:  Die set from Memory Box.

7 comments:

Kim S said...

I love the deer in front of the window - it's saved to my I soiration file!

Bonnie said...

Both of these are beautiful, Doris! I love that die and the Evergreen tree! Very clever to cut out that oval. I'm going to try that!

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

I just saw this on Pinterest and it would be perfect for my nephew for Christmas. I can't see where you saw the name of the die. Would you mind sharing it with me?
Patti
asoulsheartbeat@gmail.com

StampinStylish said...

Would you share the name of the company who made the deer die in your Christmas Card? It is beautiful...Thank you.
jimnmarge428@verizon.net

Unknown said...

I too, would like to know the name and make of the dear die. Please

Unknown said...

I too, would like to know there name of the company that has the deer die. Please.

nlt said...

I love this design and used it for a birthday card for my brother-in-law that is an avid hunter. Thank you for the design.