Sunday, October 28, 2012

Musical Birthday Card

This card involved several steps, although it was quite easy to do for such a dramatic effect.

First I stamped the music notes from a Hero Arts set in black on a piece of  Very Vanilla cs and sponged lightly over it with Distress Inks (Wild Honey and Peeled Paint).  Then I stamped the G clef in Versamark ink and clear embossed it.  Next, I sponged more distress inks over it  to make the clef "pop" and wiped off the excess ink.

For embellishment, I added two white Hero Arts blossoms over a sliver metallic cord bow, placed some pearls in the center and mounted the panel on the card front.  To finish, I sponged the edges of the card and rounded the top right corner.

Stamp set:  Hero Arts "Musical Clef" cling stamps

2 comments:

Kim S said...

This is stunning - I cannot believe you actually called it easy. I had distress inks out on my desk yesterday and couldn't create anything that I liked!!

Bonnie said...

So elegant! Love that flower with the silver loops and pearls!