Sunday, September 23, 2012

KICKSTART INSPIRATION

After spending this past week with Hero Arts "Kickstart" classes, I was challenged to look for new avenues of inspiration.  Since I often CASE cards I find online, this gave me the opportunity to start coming up with my own ideas instead of borrowing from other sources.

Today when I walked into my "tower" the first thing I thought of was this die I hadn't tried using yet. Instead of coloring in the trees, I cut a strip of green dsp along with the white and glued the green trees over the white ones.  I then added a chimney and red door on one of the houses by attaching a tiny piece of red underneath so that a corner of it would stick up beyond the roof.  I added the smoke with a black marker.  It didn't take long, either.

If you haven't signed up for one of the online classes at Hero Arts, it's not to late to try one.  I can tell you it definitely is worth the cost!

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I've just ordered a die like this or at least similar! I love the scene you've created and will remember you chimney and door trick!

LeAnne said...

I love this...I even have this die too! Great idea!

Cindy C. said...

Very charming holiday day!

Louise said...

Love what you did with this die. I have it too and you inspire me!!!

Louise C.

Adutchcurlygir said...

Nice card! Clean and simpel... ;-)
Love how you used this die!

Kim S said...

I SO love the trees and especially the little red doors!

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely beautiful Doris!