Thursday, September 27, 2012

ANOTHER KICKSTART INSPIRATION

One of the ways suggested in the Hero Arts Kickstart classes to get inspiration for cards is to look through non-stamping sites.

The Thanksgiving card on the right was inspired by the plate shown on the Martha Stewart Living magazine that was "delivered" to my email today.  I loved the browns on the wheat-colored background, so I started with my Hero Arts "Wreath of Leaves" as the base for my leaves.  I stamped the wreath (barely seen here) with an Autumn Leaves Kaleidacolor pad onto a piece of plain dsp, then stamped the brown leaves over it using Chestnut Roan Colorbox chalk ink.  For each leaf, I first stamped off on a paper towel, then onto the dsp to keep a more muted look.

Next, after adding strips of brown textured cs on each side, I mounted the wreath on the card.  A little bit of jute, a sponged greeting, and the card was done--all under 15 minutes!

2 comments:

Angel said...

Beautiful card, totally see your inspiration from plate, but your card is even prettier.

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty wreath, Doris!