Friday, September 21, 2012

BEGINNER BASICS--Christmas Card

 Here's a card made with one sheet of white cs,  a fancy fold, and a minimum of other supplies.

First, I stamped the poinsettia in India Ink Black on a scrap of white cs, colored with two markers and cut in a square.  After running the edges across the inkpad, I added yellow Stickles and set it aside to dry.

Next, I folded the card as shown and added the background paper from 2 sheets in a 4.5" x 6.5" pad of Christmas prints.

For the inside, I chose a stamp that would fit underneath the square on the front, stamped it in black and taped it to the inside.  You'll notice that it's slightly off-center so it doesn't show when the card is closed.

Yes, cards can be made with just a few supplies.  Add a fancy fold and some interesting background paper, and you have a really simple card.

BTW, ten years ago (before I moved into the "tower") ALL my supplies fit into a pencil box!


Supplies used:  white cs, poinsettia stamp, sentiment stamp, black India Ink, background paper, yellow Stickles, red and green markers, double-stick tape.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love this fold and the poinsettia is beautiful! The sentiment hiding behind is ingenious!