Sunday, September 9, 2012

Christmas Ice Skates

Since I enjoyed making other cards with this layout (see previous post) I used it again for these skates.  This is a fun image to use because it requires so little coloring.  All I used was a silver pen for the blades, red and green markers for the Holly and a black Spica pen for the heel.  The Martha Stewart punch added some interest on the edge of the red dsp.

The bottom looked a bit plain to me, so I got out my Scor-pal and added three scored lines across the bottom.  It's just enough to add interest and texture without detracting from such a small, delicate image.

I'm too old for ice skating now, but I can remember the sheer  joy of lacing up my white skates and getting out on the frozen river for an afternoon of fun!


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love these ice skates, Doris! They bring back fond childhood memories!