Sunday, January 29, 2012

LESS IS MORE--Sketch


This time the challenge was a one-layer card using the sketch shown HERE.

After masking the strip on the left side and sponging it with red ink, I spritzed it with Glimmer Mist Dazzling Diamonds. Hopefully, you can see the shiny spots in the photo.

Next, I stamped the small hearts down the strip and the line of hearts (one stamp) across. Using black ink, I overstamped "love" across the bottom. The results were very dull, and I was unhappy with the card. So I took my black marker, adding the tiny hearts and dashes by hand, and outlining the arrows and "tails." Now I'm happy with it.

Making one-layer cards truly IS a challenge!

9 comments:

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card
Beryl x

Chrissie said...

I'm glad you managed to get to a finished result that you were pleased with Doris... it always gives a good feeling doesn't it!
Charming card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Marlena M. said...

Loveable card! Wonderful hearts and design. ;)

Carol said...

Beautiful card, love how you've finished it off. Carol x

Debby said...

The finishing touch is great! I love it!
Debby

Mandi said...

Delightful hearts, lovely card
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Bonnie said...

The black really pops with the sweet pink hearts!

Scrapmate said...

Pretty card.

kingstonmama said...

Such a pretty card. I love the shimmer. :) Ann Y.