Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mothers Class Valentine


Here's the first card I designed for the Moms Club which starts up again on Feb. 1st. I started with a packet of single layer heart-shaped cards and envelopes, which really keeps it simple.

First I stamped the large scribbled heart in the middle. The stamp is from an Inkadinkado set, appropriately, "Hearts." Next I stamped "Love" from a SU set across the bottom. The "Be Mine" heart is a sticker I purchased at Hobby Lobby, to which I added a heart-shaped gem. The key is from a die cut set by Memory Box, which coordinates with their "Lock and Key" stamp set. The message I chose (from 7 in the set) is stamped parallel to the key on the card.

This should be a fun project!

TIP: When stamping close to something on a card, like the key here, mount your clear stamp upside down on the end of your acrylic mount and stamp from the open side.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love this heart shaped card and the key is really special! Your "moms" will love it I'm sure.