Sunday, January 1, 2012

CFC33--Kraft and Twine


First Challenge for me in the New Year!

Casual Friday's challenge is to make a clean and simple card using kraft paper and twine. I just reordered more Crumb Cake cs from SU, since I'm completely out. Fortunately, I had one last piece of scrap to use on this card.

Using stamps from two SU sets, I used the heart flowers from Valentine Defined and the greeting from Have a Heart (2002.) I then colored in the hearts with a red star gel pen for just a touch of sparkle. The tiny pearls are from a letter set (see my post on Nov. 19th.)

Check out the other entries HERE.

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Doris---a sweet way to start out the year!

Bonnie said...

A great start on your Valentines! I hope to get to my stamp room today. I'll have to clean it up first, but hopefully I'll get some stamping done. Happy New year my friend.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is lovely Doris! That beautiful stamp looks fantastic on kraft card stock and I like your touch of sparkle. Happy new year to you!

Leslie Miller said...

A really cute simple card, Doris. The twine is such a good companion with the craft, and I love those little heart flowers. Happy new year!