Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Square Envelope


Inspired by watching a tutorial on converting a standard invitation size envelope into a square, I made this square card and its matching envelope. There's also an embossed butterfly just below the flap to coordinate with the saying in the card.

The leaf was clear embossed and sponged with autumn colors to make it "pop." After attaching the embroidery floss and faux tag (held on with a glue dot at the top) I used SU dimensionals and mounted it on the card at an angle.

For the inside, I typed in Fall colors: "Falling leaves are Autumn's butterflies... Happy Autumn Birthday."

This is the last of autumn cards for me. On to Christmas now...


NOTE: This envelope cost an extra 20 cents in postage, so it wasn't postage friendly after all!

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very pretty....I always forget about that section of SCS! I need to check that out!

Bonnie said...

I'm still loving this resist technique and that envelope is so cute! I need to check that out.