Saturday, October 1, 2011

LESS IS MORE--Eye Color


This Less Is More challenge is to make a card that is your eye color, although the exact shade isn't necessary. I was going to post a photo of the card held up to my face, but my eyes are way too red with allergies. (Maybe I should have made a red card!)

First I stamped the background with Versamark using the "Filigre" stamp from Stampin'Up. Next, I stamped the Hero Arts "Large Flower" with black ink. Using a green Spica pen, I filled in the center outline. Then, using a glue pen, I added Daffodil Yellow glitter in the center (although it looks white in the photo.)

With a GellyRoll glaze pen, I filled in the double lines on each petal of the flower for a subtle effect.

Finally, I stamped the greeting on the bottom right. Done!

10 comments:

Chrissie said...

This looks lovely Doris, thanks so much for joining us once more.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenni's Jems said...

This is really lovely and love that background stamp ! x

Lynne said...

Gorgeous card, love that backgroud stamp.
Lynne xxx

Sue said...

Super card Doris
I love outline designs
Thank you
Mandi LIM

Aileen said...

Very pretty with the filigree background. x

Anne said...

What a lovely background stamp you used, gorgeous card
Anne
x

Shelly said...

So pretty! The background stamp adds just the right touch.

Bonnie said...

I love the filigree watermarked behind that bold flower outline. Beautiful!

Vicky Hayes said...

The flower looks fabulous on that background Doris! I'm sorry to hear about the allergies - I hadn't had much sleep when the challenge came out so I was toying with the idea of a red card too!

fatmonica said...

Lovely card!