Thursday, October 6, 2011

DE-CLUTTER CHALLENGE


I just cleaned out my desk drawer and roll top, so I thought it would be a good idea to challenge ourselves to clean out some drawers this week. How 'bout one a day???

In approaching my desk this morning, I brought a garbage bag with me and started to sort out one area at a time. First, I emptied the drawer onto the dining room table. Using a plastic tray for the items I would keep (like pens, pencils, paper clips, etc.)I decided piece by piece whether to keep or toss. Surprisingly, more than half was tossed--like "dead" rubber bands (they dry out after a few years!) and old receipts, paper bits, etc. You know...

Now that I'm done, I have much more space--not to fill, but to keep open so I can see what I do have!

Remember this "rule": store like items with like. Shallow plastic containers work well for pens and pencils, sandwich containers for coins, paper clips, or other small items, zip-loc bags for other odds and ends.

And here's a word of encouragement--I found an old envelope with $30 CASH in it!!!! Shhhh...don't tell Rick!

1 comment:

Jonia said...

Oh my goodness, I need you to come over to my home and do some de-cluttering! My stamp room looks like a bomb went off in it! Thanks for inspiring me to do one thing at a time!