Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mothers Class Christmas Card #2



For Mothers Class tomorrow, we'll be making the embossing resist cards shown in the previous post. Meanwhile, I've started working on Christmas designs.

Next week for Mothers Class, we'll be starting our collection of two Christmas cards per week. This one fit the bill for being attractive, easy to do and easy for me to prepare ahead of time.

Using just the leaf from the SU "Sketch It" set, I stamped first in red for the blossom and again in green for the two leaves. After cutting them out and sponging them lightly, I set them aside for assembly.

Next I punched the border of the white strip with the Martha Stewart punch and ran it through the Cuttlebug in the Swiss Dots folder. I attached it to the card front, leaving just enough space for the narrow foil trim.

Then I added the poinsettia and leaves, using SU dimensionals for the flower. I stamped the greeting, punched out the scalloped oval and added it to the card with dimensionals. Gold glitter was used for the flower center.

We have a new saying for Mothers Class: "If it's raining, it must be Wed." Not exactly original, but all too appropriate. Rain is forecast for tomorrow again!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I'm all for quick and easy cards these days! Love this layout and will remember it for classes. I'm sure the mothers will love it!