Monday, January 17, 2011

ME? STYLISH?


I've been chosen to receive this award by Patrice of Old Back Porch HERE.

In accepting this award, I'm to list 7 things about myself, so here's what I came up with:

1. I like to get up early in the morning, sometimes before dawn, and have coffee while checking my emails. No, I don't go back to bed (until nighttime, that is.)

2. Autumn is my favorite season because of all the colors and the crisp, cool (but not cold!) air.

3. My favorite hotels are the Mosaic House in Prague and the Wilderness Lodge at Walt Disney World.

4. I spent 25 years entertaining at Sr. Citizen centers and nursing homes. For the first 20 years, I sang and played guitar. Then I found a piano accompanist who enabled me to do Broadway Show tunes. It was a lot of fun, but I stopped about 5 years ago in order to spend more time stamping and running the Mothers Club at my church.

5. Yellow is my favorite color. Pink I avoid as much as possible (sorry Dana!)

6. Every winter I host a February Blues Bash for my friends with a different theme each year. Last year, due to my icy driveway, it was delayed until March; so I made the theme "March Into Spring" with John Philip Sousa marching band music in the background.

7. In 1983, several other women and I started an inter-denominational Bible Study which The Lord has been blessing ever since. I never imagined myself as a teacher or public speaker, which just proves what The Lord can do in someone's life.

Next, I'm supposed to pass this on to 15 others. Since I'd rather not impose, I'll leave it up to you readers to decide whether you'd like to accept this award and follow the rules on Patrice's blog. You're all well-qualified!

1 comment:

Kim said...

That was fun! I enjoyed learning a bit more about you, Doris!