Monday, January 24, 2011

Inspiration from a Special Person




These photos of Elliot were taken during our latest trip to Prague--too cute!

As for the card, it just sort of "evolved" as I tried to find a way to use of all the extra hearts I had punched for a previous card. First came the color scheme from Elliot's PJ's. I used a CB folder to dress up the white space.

Next, I used my SU bird punch to make a "plant" of hearts. The bird wings I used for the leaves, and the hearts for flowers. There's a hidden "secret" underneath: when I needed the scalloped oval and a couple of extra hearts, I discovered this piece of red was the last one I had. So I punched them out of the middle where it would be covered up!

Once everything was mounted, I added the pearls and metallic bow. Three of the hearts have no pearl because they're facing the other way in my imaginary garden.

4 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute! Love all the embossing, fun place to get your inspiration!

Bonnie said...

I love this Doris! What a great way to use up those extra pieces! What wonderful inspiration! He's a cutie!

Unknown said...

It's absolutely beautiful , Doris.
(as usual)! I love it! What a sweet little grandson you have :)

BarbaraW said...

Wonderful card. Love your creative process.