Monday, January 24, 2011

FROM THE SCRAP DRAWER



Inspiration for this card came from Down Under at Edna's blog with her woven paper strips. What a great way to use up some of my scraps!

After stamping the tulip image and coloring it in, I added a few subtle embellishments. First, I traced along the top edges of the petals with a red Gelly Roll pen and used some tiny black gems for the stamens. The red metallic bow added a bit more glimmer. Then I stamped the word "Love" below the image and used a black marker to add a few dots in the opposite corners. Next, the image was taped onto the red cs and attached to the card with dimensionals. Finally, I placed a row of deep red gems alongside and one larger one at the bottom right.

This would make a nice Valentine--thanks Edna!

3 comments:

JR said...

Beautiful card, Doris. I feel like I could touch the tulip. Thanks for the warm welcome to blogging.

Bonnie said...

Great idea! I'll have to remember this for my next Creative Arts meeting.

Edna Morrisedie said...

The weaving looks great, great to pair with that image too, woohoo!