Wednesday, May 19, 2010

FOR MY GRANDSON

Since my grandson is as disappointed as we are that our trip had to be postponed (see previous post) I came up with this card to send him. October is a long way off, but with the summer to enjoy in the meantime, it will go fast.

First, I stamped the image on white twice. After coloring the face and the scales on his back (how appropriate from someone with shingles!) for the bottom layer, I then cut out the second image and ran it through the Cuttlebug reversed in the Swiss Dots folder. I colored the image with SU markers, mounted it over the first image with SU dimensionals, and then bent back the scales to give it some more dimension (not to be confused with dementia!)

For added tactile interest, I used some black mini-gems for the eyes and a flower brad in the lower right corner. I also distressed the edges of the cloud with my fingernail and attached it with another dimensional.

The inside sentiment reads "Rawr means I love you." After writing a note, it will be on its way to Prague to cheer a disappointed little boy.

(Click once to enlarge, then click again to zero in on a special spot.)

2 comments:

Renée said...

awww, this is so sweet, Cheryl! I'm sure your grandson will love it :)

Lisa H. said...

oh,Doris, this is soooo sweet! love how you used the swiss dots folder-looks great on this loveosaurus! thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm glad you told me to come check out your card-it's darling!