Saturday, May 29, 2010

Another Grad Card


These shaker card kits sure do make it easy! First I stamped the Bible verse, then used my peg stamps to create a square frame for the inside of the shaker. I then colored some clear beads pink, added some green chunky glitter and placed the mixture into the shaker before sealing it.

After securing the unit behind the white overlay, I stamped the Fifth Ave. Rose below and edged the square with braided embroidery floss. I then attached the finished unit to the dark berry cardstock with SU dimensionals--done!

This is a graduation card for a friend to give and will have an appropriate sentiment for the inside. The word must be out that I have TIME ON MY HANDS!

Note: To color beads, just scribble with a marker onto the lid of a small container, add beads and shake them until coated. After they dry, clean out the container with a tissue and save for the next time.

2 comments:

dana said...

What a lovely creation.....the braided floss was such a dimensional touch. I'm glad you shared how to color the beads....cuz I would have asked! I had NO CLUE! Thanks for another great design. I hope each day finds you feeling a tad bit better. Happy Memorial Day weekend..be safe. dana

Monika Reeck said...

Doris that stamping BIG ROSE is adorable...I wish I have this rose stamp woow...I have sooo less Flower stamp :) have much funny stamp like animal, cooking and sewing things from Hero Arts....Awesome card Doris...hugs, Monika