Monday, May 24, 2010

FABULOUS FRIEND



Here's a birthday card I made for a friend using scraps I had on hand. Even the butterflies were left over from a previous project.


The color combination is unusual, but I like it for this one.






The self-adhesive paper ribbon ( brand-name KARS) is from a package I picked up at the stamp show last month.

The layout I came up with just sort of "evolved" as I went along. Seems better than the usual rectangular layers. I found that the use of threes helps balance a card. Here are 3 colors of cardstock, three main images (rose, large butterfly, scalloped oval) and 3 embellishments (button, brown gems and small foil butterfly.) Even the inside includes three butterflies, with lots of blank space left to write a note--yet another "three" (butterflies, greeting and note.)

Try experimenting with colors and shapes on your next card and see what you come up with!

No comments: