Friday, January 4, 2019

FRUGAL CRAFTER RANT



I finally figured out why I've been in such a funk lately:  I turned from a card maker to a stamping shopper/collector!  I spent more time last year on line than in making cards and maintaining my blog.  Lindsay, the Frugal Crafter on YouTube, set me (and others) straight with her accurate analysis.  Some (or many) of us have been  keeping up on the latest stamps and supplies instead of using what we already have.  Thank you Lindsay for helping us get un-addicted to the habit of thinking we need so much stuff.

Think about it...haven't we all complained about not having enough time to get things done?  If we just practiced being content with what we already have, we wouldn't be buying more and wondering where to store it.  The time we've spent surfing YouTube and Pinterest, as well as all the on-line suppliers, could have been spent using our imaginations for cards that would actually get mailed to people who need a kind word or a chuckle.

This card was made with just one set that has been sitting here for months since it arrived in the mail.  It is a Hero Arts set of stamps and dies which also includes 15 greetings!  I guarantee you'll be seeing more of this set in the very near future...


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looks like this is a fantastic set, Doris, but I'm not going to look for it. I'm going to use my NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) first! Love that bird!

Kim S said...

SO TRUE! I've slowed down my actual purchases SO much in the last year or two - but that doesn't stop me from creating wishlists (which I agree is a total time suck.)