Monday, August 13, 2018

TWO OUT OF THREE


Jennifer McGuire inspired me to try "having fun" with water coloring, so I used the three roses from the SSS "Beautiful Flowers" stamp set.  I clear embossed them, coated them with water, and added Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade, then fussy cut them and mounted them over some green leaves.

It was sort of fun, but I still don't have it down when it comes to using water colors.  To "pep" this card up a bit, I added the dsp strip on the side, the copper thread and the tiny tag.  After I took the picture, I also added a few sequins.


For card #2 I used the third rose, the leftover leaves and a few gold sequins.  Both cards will make good summer notes since I already have quite a few birthday cards made.  I'll be moving on to Christmas cards soon!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't think there is a right or wrong way to watercolor. If you are having fun with it and you like the results, then it is right. Use watercolor paper for the best results.

Bonnie said...

Great job on this technique, Doris! Two pretty cards!

Kim S said...

I totally agree on watercolors - it's "sort of" fun.