Saturday, June 23, 2018

THREE OF A KIND--Cactus





This trio started when I came across a 6x6" dsp pad I forgot I had.  I had just received my order of a Hero Arts bundle called "Color Layering Armadillo," and these background papers were just right for the stamp set.

The first card features some copper threads and a copper foil tag, (although it looks red here.)  The hardest part of all three cards was getting the flowers on top of the cacti due to their small sizes.





This second one was the easiest of the three due to the dsp providing the background.  All I had to do was use the dies in the bundle and attach to the light green oval.

The black and white greeting stands out nicely.



Finally, this third card was fun to assemble.  The terra cotta pot turned the cactus into a house plant.  The twine gave it some texture, and the hand-written greeting gave me a card I need for a sick friend.  (I added two sequins on the label after the picture was taken.)

I was a bit unsure of how to use this set when it first arrived, but it worked out well once I incorporated the cactus dsp and the planter.  Now I just have to find a use for the armadillo in the set...


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I think those papers are perfect for these cacti, Doris! What a lucky stash!

Kim S said...

I LOVE the mix of stamped images and papers - perfect!! (Thank you for my card - it brought a big smile! I'm just coming out of an overwhelming few months - all to the good - and am looking forward to settling back into the cardmaking world very soon!)