Saturday, November 29, 2014

THREE OF A KIND--Winter Fenceline

This stamp set from Serendipity Stamps has been a pleasure to use, either for winter cards as shown here, or Autumn cards.  I can imagine it in summer mode with green sponging over the branches and green grass below.



This first card was stamped on Night of Navy with a blend of white ep and glitter that I mixed myself.  After die cutting it, I glued it to a white panel and added strips of leftover Night of Navy on the top and bottom.  The greeting is from a SU set.





The second and third cards were stamped with Versafine  warm gray and sponged with Distress inks for the sky.  All I had to do next was hand write "peace" and fill in the fence with two shades of brown markers.  A little bit of Stickles Ice on the hill line and bottom of the fence posts finished it off.


For this last one, I die cut a gray tree, then added some brown marker "bark" and glued it to the side of the card.  This time I stamped "peace" and sponged the oval before mounting it to the card with a dimensional.

To give it some depth, I mounted the fenceline scene to the back of the opening with dimensionals.

These three are extras that I added to the Christmas cards I plan to mail next week--over 100 of them!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful stamp, Doris! I love how you've used it 3 very different ways and each is gorgeous! Looks a little like the scene from your home.

Kim S said...

Such lovely nature scenes. I don't know which I like most. I was immediately drawn to the second one - because I love the open sky and field. But I also love the bigger tree in front of the cut-out circle in the third. Of course, you can't go wrong with simple blue and white as in the first. OK - I like them all. I have so many tree stamps, I don't know why that one isn't in my collection!

Thank you for the Christmas card. You are on top of things! Mine are just finally going to the post office this morning! Merry Christmas!