Wednesday, November 5, 2014

ORNAMENTAL PINE BACKGROUND

I've made a lot of cards featuring the Ornamental Pine set, but this time I wanted to try using it for a background.  The chickadee from Our Daily Bread Designs came with a coordinating die, which makes it easy use in a variety of ways.

First I stamped the pine bough a few times along the side of the panel, then ran it through my Cuttlebug with the stitched rectangle die.  After stamping the bird and coloring it with colored pencils, I used the matching die.  I cut away some unwanted branches before mounting it to the panel with dimensionals.  I added the greeting and used TomBow glue to attach both panels to the gray card.

Very easy to do!

1 comment:

Kim S said...

That pine is great as the focus of the card or as a backdrop to a sweet chickadee. I love natural and rustic Christmas cards - they are so peaceful.