Sunday, February 16, 2014

WATERCOLOR BIRTHDAY CARD

After watching Julie Ebersol's video, I just had to give her design a try.  For the background, I applied Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Peeled Paint and Wild Honey Distress inks onto an acrylic block.  Then I applied the colors on a heavy cardstock panel with my aqua painter.

Next, I used a tiny flower peg stamp with the same blue inks to continue the watercolor look.  For the birthday message, I stamped the typewriter from the SU "You're My Type" set with Versafine Smokey Gray ink.

To finish, I attached the panel to an olive green textured cs with double stick tape and mounted it to the card front with dimensionals.  For the final embellishment, I added three small sequins.  Done!

2 comments:

Julie Ebersole said...

DORIS! I'm so glad you gave that technique a try! Your design turned out wonderful! I love the colors you chose, too!!!

Bonnie said...

I really like that background technique!