Thursday, February 6, 2014

Fabulous Floret ala Brandy Cox


 If you haven't discovered Brandy Cox's videos on Utube, you are really missing out!  This card is patterned after her gorgeous butterfly card, with some variations of my own.  First of all, mine is a side fold; hers is a top fold.  One advantage of the side fold is that you don't have to remember to place the inside image upside down so that it's right side up when you open the card.  I wish I could say I brilliantly thought that up on purpose, but it was because I forgot to make it a top fold.  However, from the front they both look similar in design.

Next, in order to have some contrast between the floral circle and the white cs on the inside, I added the green circle that was die cut from the front so that it would be directly behind the flower opening.  Once I did that, the flower just popped!

For instructions and video, just go to Utube, type in Brandy Cox and look for a yellow butterfly card..  Then sit back and enjoy!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a pretty yellow flower and a neat fancy fold!