Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mothers Class Butterfly!

We'll be doing a variation of this card today in Mothers Class.  I found a pack of cards and envies that I bought half price ages ago.  The cards are slightly smaller and fold on the left side, so I eliminated the black embroidery floss and rounded just the upper right corner.

To start, I used some scraps from the scrap drawer for the background dsp.  Next, I stamped the leaves with a light green ink on white and used the matching die to cut it out.  After mounting it on the card front with ds tape, I stamped the Hero Arts butterfly on white cs and colored it with colored pencils.  The two large dots on the top were filled in with yellow Stickles after I attached it to the card with a slim piece of mounting foam tape.

To finish, I added the greeting and black embroidery floss then rounded the corners.  Voila!


No comments: