Thursday, August 30, 2012

GATEFOLD CHRISTMAS CARD

Here's another beginner card using only a few supplies.  After scoring the sides to make the folds, I stamped the holly from the SU "Christmas Blessings" set in green on the panels.  (If you have only black, you could color the leaves and berries.)

Next, I stamped the greeting in black on green cs and used a square scallop punch.  Any large punch would do, or you could just cut a square.  Since I had the brad and light green tab, I used it to hold the gate closed.  I could have cut a holly leaf and mounted it with a dimensional in the same place instead.  Inside is "Merry Christmas" stamped in black.

Materials used:  white cs, one scrap of green cs, double stick tape, scallop punch, red gem brad with green tab, green and black inks, and 3 stamps.

TIP:  Make sure you put tape on just the left side of the square so you don't seal the card shut!

3 comments:

Kim S said...

I'll admit to something...I actually have glued both sides before!!

Bonnie said...

Very nice, Doris! And thanks for the tip. I hate it when I glue something in the wrong place!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hello Doris! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. I live in NJ as well - more toward the center of the state. The humidity is still brutal. Love this card, and I love the idea of posting a beginner category. I do remember having few supplies. Now I have too many!