Wednesday, August 1, 2012

FROM THE SU HOLIDAY CATALOG

The Holiday Frame embossing folder on P. 7 is soooo versatile.  Here it is with another butterfly (imagine that!) and an appropriate Bible verse.

Using a scrap of double-sided dsp, I die cut the solid butterfly, cut it in half and overlapped one over the other for a side view.  For the black overlay, I brushed some Galaxy Gloss on it and set it aside to dry.

Then I used the embossing folder on the front of a white card and brushed a Versamark Dazzle ink pad over the raised portions for a little glimmer.  I then stamped the verse on some dsp and rounded the corners plus the lower right corner of the card.  To assure that it wouldn't come loose during mailing, I attached it to the card with two large glue dots.  The gold bow was added with a smaller glue dot.

Once the butterfly was dry, I assembled it and attached it with a dimensional. It is positioned to cover the tiny Christmas tree underneath, making the oval useable for any season!


3 comments:

Kim S said...

I didn't have that embossing folder on my wishlist but I think you have changed my mind.

Bonnie said...

What a great idea to cover the tree so you can use this folder all year round! And I can't wait til I can get that Shimmery VersaMark. It was OFS last order.

paige said...

Thank you for the lovely comment and for visiting my blog. Your cards are so lovely! I'm adding you to my Google Reader so i don't miss out on anything you post!