Monday, April 23, 2012

SUMMER PASTELS

To get the watercolor look on the base cardstock, I used three Distress Ink pads (Peeled Paint, Broken China and Tea Dye.) I smeared a patch of each color on an acrylic block, added some water and used a wide paintbrush to swipe across the card.

Next, I took white cardstock (cut down to 5 x 3 3/4") and used the CB butterfly to make the cutout. Then I stamped the Hero Arts "Manuscript Background" at different angles and applied Broken China distress ink to the edges. Before attaching it to the card, I placed it in position and marked a few tiny dots down the middle of the butterfly before stamping with black ink. I had planned to use one of the Pocket Silhouettes, but couldn't find it*; so I used this image from the SU "Autumn Days" set.

The sentiment is from another SU set, which I mounted with SU dimensionals. After adding a variety of gems from a collection I purchased at Michaels, I mounted the overlay to the card with SU dimensionals.

We are finally getting some much needed rain here--good stamping weather!


 *My "Tower" is in need of cleaning up so I can find things easily again...

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love that watercolor background and need to try that as my next class is some watercoloring. The text in different orientations adds so much interest and that butterfly is beautiful!

Sandy said...

Very, very pretty. Wow, I am going to have to read through this again!
Sandy

Sandy said...

Okay - I just read through this again and I am going to give this a go!!
Sandy