Monday, April 30, 2012

EMBOSS RESIST CHALLENGE


This card was created for the Emboss Resist Challenge HERE.  I'm glad this wasn't also a CAS challenge since I used three layers and added the flowers and butterflies to fill the empty space.

First, I stamped the Hero Arts large flower background on the card base with Versamark, embossed with clear ep and sponged Peeled Paint Distress Ink on the edges.  The next layer is a dsp pattern from My Mind's Eye.

Next, I stamped the Bible verse, clear embossed it and sponged with a mix of  Peeled Paint and Wild Honey Distress inks.  After stamping the flowers and painting them with the same distress inks, I attached it with SNAIL and added the butterflies (SU Embosslits Beautiful Wings.)

Finally, I attached the top layer to the card with dimensionals and placed gold beads on the butterflies and 2 flower centers.  Unfortunately, I needed this card and Bible verse for a sympathy card today.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

A lot of techniques going on here that I have never tried - it made for a wonderfully pretty card!
Sandy

trisha too said...

This is so lovely, Doris, a really beautiful card! Thank you for joining in the challenge at Blockheads!

:)

Bonnie said...

It's always sad to have to make a sympathy card. This is sure a pretty one. The emboss resist makes such a pretty card and I love the butterflies.

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is beautiful, Doris. I'm glad it wasn't a CAS challenge, either! It's perfect as is. :)

Thanks for playing along with the Blockheads for our emboss resist challenge. :)

Leslie said...

This is absolutely beautiful! The sponging is so soft, and the flowers and butterflies really look nice! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Blockheads Emboss Resist Technique Challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, DT
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Really beautiful Doris!! Thanks for playing with us in the Blockheads Emboss Resist Technique Challenge!