Monday, April 30, 2012

GETTING MISTY



It was fun going to the post office this week with new toys arriving!  One packet had Dylusions ink spray, another had Mister Huey's Color Mist and another had a Hero Arts stamp set and some gems.  What inspiration!

This card started out with a piece of soft green cardstock that I trimmed to fit the space.  After using my Fiskar's edge punch on the right side, I rounded the corners on the left side and placed it in a cardboard box for misting.  First I sprayed it with Dylusions Cut Grass, then with Mister Huey's Orchard and Opaque White.

The designer paper is from the Mabel collection by My Mind's Eye, cut to fit the card and corners rounded.  Punches were used for the leaves and flowers from scraps.  Once the inks were fully dried, I assembled the card as shown using dimensionals for the misted piece and the oval.

Now I know firsthand why misting is all the rage lately--it's just plain FUN!

No comments: