Friday, February 10, 2012

Stepping It Up


















1st photo: Since I wasn't happy with the card I made for the Less Is more challenge in the previous post, here is my attempt at taking it to the top.

2nd photo: I restamped the flowers, colored them, cut them out and popped them up on the card. I offset them a bit to create a "shadow" around the top and left sides. I then added yellow Stickles in the centers and rounded the top corners of the card.

3rd photo: Since I had some dsp that matched the color of the flowers, I used my rick rack die and placed the strip across the bottom of the image to ground it. The bold color also added some life to the card without overdoing it.

This is still a simple card, but I think it's better than before.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I agree, Doris. I think cutting out some flowers and popping them over the stamped ones really adds a lot. And the rick rack brings it up another notch! I love the finished product!