Monday, February 27, 2012

CASE-ing the Catalogs


Here's another CASE of a card in the SU 2011-12 Idea Book, page 74.

What drew me to this card was the color combination of the red and lime green, which I also carried through in the embroidery floss on the side. Although I basically used the same color scheme, I did move the side strip to the opposite side and placed it under the label image instead of over the point.

I like the idea of cutting the words apart and placing them where I want them. That's nothing new, but I always forget to do it.

It's also handy to make a card with just one set, don't you think?

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi Doris, I can't believe how far behind I am! Your watercolor chair is so pretty. Makes me feel relaxed just thinking about sitting in it. I like the way you changed different elements.

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Love this card, I have this set and have never used it, thanks for the inspiration?? Hugs always! G