Friday, May 29, 2009

GOD IS GOOD...

...but then most of you already know that...

This Wed., as Rick and I were celebrating our Anniversary, I got the call that one of my good friends was in the hospital awaiting surgery for a massive accumulation of blood clots in her leg. Since she and I co-founded our Ladies Bible study, I got out our phone list and asked everyone to pray...and we all did for 2 days.

To make a long story short, after waiting over 24 hrs. for an operating room to become available, the doctors removed 80% of the blood clots, installed a device to keep any clots from traveling upward, and scheduled a second surgery to add a stent to keep the vein open. When it came time for the second surgery, the doctors discovered the vein had corrected itself and the remaining clots had dissolved--The Lord had already answered our prayers!

After being listed as in "Critical but Stable" condition, Gail is going home this weekend, thanks to the tender mercy of the Lord. We are all so grateful...

2 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Thanks for sharing your answered prayer. God is good indeed!

:-)

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Gosh! Prayer is the strongest thing I have known that can shift any harm to us! Have added your friend to my prayer list too! Hugs always! Hey will post the now and will be pics soon!