Friday, April 11, 2008

Last of the Dark Cardstocks...



...now that Spring is here! I just ordered assorted packets of cardstock from SU with lots of pastels and look forward to using them for flower themed cards over the next few months.






Meanwhile, I used the last few dark green cards with flowers as a hint of what's to come.






First, there's another fern card from the preparations for my workshop. I like the way it came out, but thought it may have too many steps for a class. (See posts below.)

The rose card was done with 2 stamps I bought used from a Silver Stamper friend, and I just love them both. The rose leaves look very realistic, and I anticipate using them often. I sponged the edges of the white cardstock to soften it. The rose was done with watercolor crayons directly on the stamp, then a spritz of water to give it a watercolor look. The crystal center added a little bling. I'll use the card to thank my friend for making such a nice pair of stamps available.

No comments: