Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'M BACK! (Finally...)




My computer went down (again!)this week, so I haven't been able to post. That doesn't mean I haven't been busy creating, though!

First, I put together a bunch of cards/kits for my workshop next Saturday. I'm calling it "Six on Saturday" for $10, which just covers my cost. I try to keep it affordable and fun. My idea for this one is to use The Enveloper to make 2 of the envelopes, one out of each 12x12" dp sheet. It'll be like a One Sheet Wonder, but since a large portion will go for an envelope, they'll just get 3 out of each sheet. Everyone will start off with a sheet of a fern design, but get a choice of designs for the next set. For those of you who'd like to follow, here's how it works:

1. Cut an 8x8" square for the first envelope. This will leave you with 2 strips: one that's 4x8" and one that's 4x12". Use the 8x8" to make an envelope with The Enveloper.

2. Cut the 4x8" strip in half to make 2 squares 4x4" to line the flaps of two standard white A2 envelopes.

3. Cut the 4x12" strip into 3 pieces as desired to use on the card fronts.

Shown are the 3 cards made from the fern design, which I hope will be simple enough for everyone to complete. One is vertical, one horizontal and the 3rd (shown on top)is a long top fold card.

Be sure to check out the next 2 posts from today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute stuff Doris! You have been busy despite your computer problems. ;) Sounds like a great class too!

jjcreations said...

I love these cards....all the different ferns are wonderful. Joan