Tuesday, May 2, 2017

LAST CLASS

Today is the last class of this semester at Bible Study where we have been making some encouragement cards.  This involved a lot of die cutting, which I did here so I wouldn't have to bring my Big Shot.

The silver under the butterfly wings is from a pre-pasted sheet which apparently was too thin to be separated after die cutting it.  Here's a TIP on how to overcome that problem:

Cut a piece of the glitter paper, peel off the backing and apply it to a piece of scrap cardstock.  Then run it through the Big Shot with the die, add the wings on top and attach to the card with a dimensional.  Problem solved.

Another problem solved was how to use dryer sheets with the butterfly die so the little pieces would not have to be poked out. (Takes forever--ask me how I know!)  Simply die cut as usual, but then run the die, with the pieces still in it, through the machine face down over 4-6 layers of dryer sheets.  When you peel off the wings, the little pieces remain embedded in the dryer sheets.  No more mess!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

A bright and pretty card! I'm sure the ladies enjoyed making them and people will be delighted to receive them!