Wednesday, January 6, 2016

FANCY FOLD CARDFRONT

This is the card I made for my son's birthday which we'll be celebrating on Saturday.  He'll be 45 on Friday--where have all those years flown???

When it comes to cardstock and designer papers, I've always said StampinUp is the best.    Their cardstock is solid core, and matches their inks and dsp colors perfectly.  (No, I'm not a SU demonstrator.)  The double-sided dsp was just perfect for this masculine card.

After cutting part way in, I folded the paper to form flaps.  I think the technique is called a "collar fold" when used horizontally; but I chose to use it vertically.  The wooden greeting also adds to the masculine look.

For embellishment, I used a variety of sequins, a couple of gold stars and some jute.

1 comment:

Kim S said...

Perfect masculine card. I love the paper and the layout - it's just right behind the simple wooden "celebrate".