Thursday, January 8, 2015

STAIR STEP BIRTHDAY CARD

Today is my son's birthday, and I made this card using some argyle dsp, a Greenhouse Society stamp of winter branches and 2 sentiment stamps.  Since I colored the berries orange, I carried the same color through in the cs, gems and ink for a masculine look.

The base is white cs cut at 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 1&1/4", 2&1/2", 4&1/4", 8&1/4" and 10&1/2" to form the steps and a half inch piece at the back to keep it upright.  For mailing,  I used my enveloper to make a 5" square envelope.  (To fit into a standard A2 envie, just trim the top square slightly.)

Star Dust Stickles was added for the "snow" on the branches and also on the bee's wings.


1 comment:

Kim S said...

It's an absolutely work of art - a definite keepsake for your son!