Monday, May 5, 2014

DESIGNER PURSE

I got the idea for this card somewhere, but can't remember.  Anyway, I thought it was adorable so I came up with my own version.

Starting with a standard white card base, I stamped and colored the Greenhouse Society Chrysanthemums along the bottom two thirds of the card.  For the flap, I used a large label die and cut just over half of it out of the green cardstock.  At the center points, I scored it and secured the overlap on the back with sticky strip.

After punching holes for the ribbon, I knotted one end, ran it through the other hole and knotted the other end.  It was starting to look like a real purse!

For the final touches, I added the gems and rounded the corners on the bottom.  The greeting will go inside and the card will open at the bottom.

If you wanted to make it even more realistic, or include a gift card inside, you could start with the fold at the bottom.  After securing the sides with an accordion fold piece of matching cs,  you could then add a flap at the top opening.  Just secure it on the back and add a clasp, magnetic closure or belly band to the front so that it could be opened later.


1 comment: