Monday, December 9, 2013

BIRTHDAY DEER

Click on the photo to see the glitter on the snow.  I used Star Dust Stickles, and it really glistens the way snow is supposed to!

The birch trees are from a new set I just got in the mail last week from Sweet 'n Sassy.  First I cut down the stamp so that I could use them separately or all together for whatever effect I'm after.  This one is the left 2/3 of the whole stamp.  The deer are from a Memory Box die, which also has another deer with antlers; but I thought these two were a better balance.  In fact, they show up a lot in the headlights around here ;)

The birthday greeting is from a Simon Says Stamp set, and I used Versafine Smokey Grey ink to keep it softer than it would be in black or dark brown.  The twine also came last week, and I love the silver thread running through it.  It's also a bit heavier than bakers twine.

Although it could be a nice Christmas card, this card will go to my son for his birthday on Jan. 8th.




1 comment:

Greta said...

Oh how I love your card! Wonderful creation!