Friday, June 21, 2013

SUMMER LEAVES

The first time I used this new die, it was on the front of this white card; but it didn't cut all the way.  I later realized how to correct this problem:

TIP When using a long and narrow die, run it through your Cuttlebug (or other machine) with the die placed vertically.  This way it passes through the rollers from top to bottom, giving them more of a chance to apply the pressure needed for a sharp cut..

Not to be deterred from using the card as is, I folded back the leaves after placing a strip of green dsp behind them.  Next, I glued down the green leaves alongside with TomBow mono glue.  After mounting the dsp strip and Bible verse with double-stick tape, I added the extra leaves with the same glue.  Last, I used some green gems for embellishment.

Looks like our pastor will be getting another note card!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

The partially punched leaves with the overlapping cut leaves add a lot of extra interest! Isn't it nice when you can turn a boo boo into something fantastic? I love it when that happens! Now can you do it on purpose?