Sunday, June 30, 2013

ONE DESIGN, TWO CARDS

These two cards were inspired by a card I saw HERE.



The first panel was the easier of the two, since all I had to do was use some mono glue on the back of the leaves and place them in the blank openings in the white cs.  Then I attached the white panel to the darker green with ds tape, mounted the finished panel to the card front with dimensionals and added the gold cord and gems.  Actually, the cord is glued on and the bow added on top with a glue dot.



The second card was a bit tricky because I started with the dark green panel being split.  (How did that happen???)  Anyway, once I got the white leaves attached to each side of the green panel with tape on the back, I added the panel to the lighter green on each side with ds tape.  I did each side separately so the white leaves would remain open on the back..  Then I glued the green embroidery floss on each side, stamped the greeting and added the butterfly which I had discovered in my stash earlier.

I think I'm done with this leaf die for awhile ;)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You've had a good time with this leaf die and made some really nice cards! They're perfect for a man or a woman. Very versatile.