Thursday, December 6, 2012

SNOWY SCENE


This card was inspired by a tag published on a blog HERE, and I do hope you'll visit "The Classroom" for some other wonderful ideas.

We'll be doing this one for the next Moms Club, which is now the Advanced Class!  The blue background was done in Distress Inks (Broken China and Tumbled Glass) on a Penny Black background stamp (Crystal Pattern.)  Funny how the names of the inks and the stamp coordinate ;) (not intentional.)

After inking the background, I tore some white cardstock for the snow and attached it to the bottom of the stamped piece using only a small line of snail so that the deer would have room to be inserted beneath. The tree and deer trio dies are from Memory Box and were added to the scene as shown. I used chunky glitter for the snow, but next time I think I'd rather use a softer kind such as SU prisma glitter. Check out the blog link above for further details and photos. Once the scene was finished, I attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Kittie said...

Doris, this is absolutely stunning. I love it in card size and the sky background you created is gorgeous. Thank you so much for letting me know you posted. I loved seeing it.

LeAnne said...

Very, very pretty...lucky class members! Thank you for your card, too!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo beautiful! I am excited for next week! Thanks, Doris!

Bonnie said...

So peaceful and beautiful, Doris!

Kim S said...

I am absolutely in awe of this gentle, peaceful scene!

Heather T said...

What a crisp gorgeous scene.