Friday, December 21, 2012

The Merchant, the Pearl and the Price


In the midst of preparing remarks that I've been asked to give tomorrow at a Christmas Tea, this thought occurred to me:

How ironic that the Saviour Who was born to a carpenter's family was laid in a wooden crib in a stable on His way to a wooden cross on a hill.


I was asked to speak on the Pearl of Great Price, which is not the usual Christmas verse.  However, after meditating on this parable over the past couple of weeks, I've come to see just how appropriate it is.  The Merchant who gave up all that He had for the Pearl is a beautiful picture of Christ Who sacrificed everything in order to purchase His church.  In fact, it is the reason He came...Christmas!

These bookmarks will be given to each of the ladies who attend as a reminder of how the Lord humbled Himself  in order to raise us up.


NOTE:  If you would like a copy of my talk, just email me.  I'd be happy to email you a copy.

No comments: